As we strive to provide our customers with as much information as possible up-front, please read on for a list of the most frequently asked questions.
If you have additional questions or want to follow up with a personal answer, please contact us at 214-440-1015.
Q. What are the advantages of a 12v system over a 120v system?
- Safety - Much safer to operate than higher voltage systems.
- Economical – Cost about 1/3 of what it costs to operate 120v systems.
- Installation - Up to 90% cheaper to install than a high voltage system.
- Beam Control - A wider variety of beam spreads, wattages, and color temperatures which allows total control and flexibility in your design.
- Fixtures - A larger selection of compact and unique designs that blend more naturally into your landscape.
Q. What are the benefits of a lighting system?
- The most significant benefit is the beauty a low voltage lighting system will provide to your landscape design.
- Home security and value are equally important benefits.
- Extend the usable hours of your property and have further opportunities to enjoy your outdoor living space.
Q. Are all lighting systems equal in terms of quality and function?
- Absolutely not! You cannot receive the same effects from a packaged system that you would enjoy from one that has been custom designed and installed.
- Typically, boxed "kit" systems are manufactured using inferior plastics and ferrous metals that will hinder your investment and cause disappointment in a very short period of time.
Q. Can I install a landscape lighting system myself?
- Using a professional designer is highly recommended when utilizing professional equipment such as the product excellence of FX Luminaire, Garden Light, HADCO, or Kichler.
- Our professional designers are expertly trained in the variety of installation techniques and know how to create eye appeal but and a safe and functional system.
Q. Will my lighting system be harmful to my garden?
- Our technicians are dedicated to professional installations and are always extremely careful so not to disturb your outdoor beauties.
- Most of our work is completed using hand tools so to cause minimal disturbance to your outdoor area.
- Our goal is to make it appear as if we were never there.
Q. What does a professionally designed system cost?
- Each project is unique and designed to suit your needs and therefore, it's impossible to have a set price for every design.
- Factors such as fixture type, quantities, location, property size, obstructions (sidewalks, driveways, etc.), soil type, and custom options help determine your project cost.
- The initial expense is well worth the extended life and unlimited creative options available from your new professional system.
Q. What kind of warranty comes with my system?
- Warranty Agreement - Nite FX provides
- 2 Year LED Bulb Replacement Warranty
- 5 Year Labor Warranty
- Lifetime Brass Fixture Manufactory Warranty Replacement
- 1 Year Timer Relay Manufactory Warranty Replacement
Q. Why do I need landscape lighting?
- Custom landscape lighting creates a glowing nighttime environment that welcomes you and your guests, and "awes" your neighbors.
- Your new landscape lighting design allows you the luxury of enjoying outdoor life at night.
- If you are a business owner, Nite FX Lighting lighting designs will attract customers and increase safety with a beautiful curbside appeal.
Q. What type of maintenance will my lighting system require?
- We only use LED lamps with the highest quality, and replacement should depend solely on the frequency of use.
- Every installation provides a complete 3 year workmanship warranty and 5 year product warranty.
- If you should have a problem with your new lighting system, just let us know and we will promptly be at your service.